WELCOME TO MY BLOG! :)

Hello everyone! This is Charmaine Anne A. Picana, and this is my blog. In here, you could see some of the essays that I have made during the whole sessions of ENGLCOM.
Writing is an art wherein you express yourself by means of using a piece of paper and a pen. It makes you think of things widely and deeply . People would might say that writing is very old school. But for me, it is significant in enhancing my English language skills. With the help of all the essays that I have made, i can see how well I have improved. I become better and better after every essay. I learned from my mistakes, and now I am better. :)
So, seat back and enjoy reading my essays! :)

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Extended Definition Essay: Friendship is forever

          Technically, friendship is defined as a distinctive kind of relationship that is grounded in a concern on the part of each friends for the welfare of the other, for the others sake, and that involves some degree of intimacy (Stanford Encyclopedia). However, friendship is also a feeling of comfort and emotional safety with a person. It is when you do not have to weigh your thoughts and measure words, before keeping it forth before your friend. Friendship is having that dear friends who knows you better than yourself and assures you that you have someone to lean on in every crisis.
          Naturally, friendship involves a distinctive concern for a friend, a concern which might reasonably be understood as a kind of love. Because of this, love and friendship are often put up together as a single topic. In some instances, friendship is the start and end of love. Friendship makes people to be part of someone else's life. A person allows another person to now who he really is. By doing a lot of things together, you build up already a friendship that you would not know can last for eternity.
        Friendship, as what I have said earlier, is assuring someone that you will be on his side whenever and wherever, especially in times of crisis. One great example of friendship is me and my best friend. I have this friend of mine for almost twelve years already. We have been together since kinder days. Since then, we always talk to each other with a lot of random things. Sometimes, we even talk about what the style of our hair would be like for the next day. We both love dancing and in fact we are both member of our school's dance troupe. We really do have a lot of things in common. When we were in high school, that was the time that I had a family problem. I was very overwhelmed that my best friend did comfort me She told me to be strong and I should not blame anyone for what had happened. When the time came that she was the one who is experiencing trials in life, I did all my best in return to help her. Friendship is grounded in mutual-ism: you always need to have a helping hand ready for your friend and vice versa.
         Looking for true friendship is sometimes hard. There are times that you think that the one you are going with is your true friend, but in fact he/she is not. Friendship can be a bad or good influence to a person. It can be bad if the friends that you go along with are doing things that are not really right. On the other hand, friends can be a good influence to someone if they are the ones who are helping you to be better.
         Friendship is a relationship that lasts a lifetime which a person can or will have. It is good for someone if he/she is already going with that true friend. Having your true friend is like having a golden treasure; for this true friendship will be forever be in your life even in bad times or in good times. 


I find this essay a bit difficult to make, for I need to come up with my own wise definition of my topic. I sometimes become out of words that I cannot really write what I really want to say on the essay. On the example part, I guess it is too fast phase that me either feels like there is lacking on the paragraph. I wish I could have done better than this. 

2 comments: