WELCOME TO MY BLOG! :)

Hello everyone! This is Charmaine Anne A. Picana, and this is my blog. In here, you could see some of the essays that I have made during the whole sessions of ENGLCOM.
Writing is an art wherein you express yourself by means of using a piece of paper and a pen. It makes you think of things widely and deeply . People would might say that writing is very old school. But for me, it is significant in enhancing my English language skills. With the help of all the essays that I have made, i can see how well I have improved. I become better and better after every essay. I learned from my mistakes, and now I am better. :)
So, seat back and enjoy reading my essays! :)

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Cause and Effect Essay: Migraine

          Migraine is a severe, painful headache felt on one, and sometimes, both sides of the head. It is often preceded or accompanied by sensory signs such as flashes of light, blind spots, and increased sensitivity to light and sound. The pain that migraine gives to the person is very excruciating. Sometimes, the person who is experiencing migraine suffers intolerable pain that can make the person irritated easily with things. Most often, migraine affects people between the ages of 15 to 55 and they are also common among women. With this said, this paper will classify some of the different factors or causes that contribute to migraine attacks: stress, noxious odor and genes.
          The first cause on my list that contributes to the attack of migraine is stress. Stress is a physical, chemical, or emotional factor that causes bodily or mental tension and may be a factor in disease causation(Merriam Webster Dictionary). It is said to be the most common cause that triggers migraine. People who are experiencing stress from different activities like work and school are prone to having migraines. Due to the pressure from their career and up to financial things, they tend to think too much and then they become physically, emotionally, and mentally stressed. Stress triggers migraine most because when you are experiencing such, you think lots of things that your brain will already be interrupted, then migraines occur.
          The second cause on my list is noxious odor. Noxious odor can cause or can worsen your migraine. Unpleasant odor from your surroundings trigger migraines for the reason that it has chemicals that are too strong to cause severe pain. It can also worsen one person's migraine whenever he/she smells it because when  a person has migraine , he/she will become more sensitive to what he/she smells. Too much perfumes and too much of bad smell can cause migraine.
          The last but not the least cause on my list is the genes of the person. Some migraines are not caused by a single factor in our environment. Migraines can also be inherited from our parents or ancestors. People who are experiencing migraine might have acquired abnormal genes that control the functions of certain brain cells. And something the person's body is sensitive to in some way triggers the actual headaches ("Migraine Headache", n.d).
          There are many factors that can trigger migraine. Some medicine experts would always say that it is very hard to identify what really causes migraine. People just depend on what are the common factors that are causing this ailment. It may be helpful to point out which factors in your life cause migraine. You may find that you can avoid some of these factors. Since migraines are more common during stressful times, try to look or do things that can lessen your stress. Live a healthy lifestyle for a happy living.
References:
Merriam Webster Dictionary (n.d) Retrieved August 4, 2010 from http://www.merriamwebster.com
Migraine Headache (n.d) Retrieved August 4, 2010 from http://www.medic8.com/healthguide/articles/migraineheadache.html

I like the topic that I have used in this essay because I can actually relate myself for I am one of those who are experiencing migraines. Most of the thoughts that I have written in this essay were based on my own experiences. With that said, I have enjoyed doing this essay and I have learned as well because I have been able to discover some of the ways that could prevent me from experiencing such. 

2 comments:

  1. nice posting...thanks for sharing this.. essayserve

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this manner my buddy Wesley Virgin's report launches in this shocking and controversial video.

    You see, Wesley was in the army-and soon after leaving-he discovered hidden, "self mind control" secrets that the government and others used to get whatever they want.

    As it turns out, these are the exact same tactics tons of celebrities (notably those who "come out of nothing") and top business people used to become wealthy and famous.

    You probably know that you use only 10% of your brain.

    Mostly, that's because most of your brainpower is UNCONSCIOUS.

    Perhaps that expression has even occurred INSIDE OF YOUR own head... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's head 7 years back, while riding an unregistered, garbage bucket of a car without a license and with $3 on his banking card.

    "I'm very fed up with living check to check! When will I finally make it?"

    You took part in those questions, am I right?

    Your very own success story is going to happen. All you need is to believe in YOURSELF.

    CLICK HERE TO LEARN WESLEY'S SECRETS

    ReplyDelete